Just in time for summer and rhubarb season :)
Rhubarb Juice Concentrate
12 cups sliced Rhubarb
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated Sugar
In large saucepan combine rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer to dampened jelly bag or a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Let drip undistrurbed for at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile prepare canner and jars. (4 or 5-500 ml jars)
In a large sauce pan combine rhubarb and sugar. Heat to 190 degrees F (88C) over med heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
Ladle into hot jars leaving 1/4 headspace. Wipe rim. Put lids and screw on bands. Fingertip tighten.
Place in canner, Ensure jars are covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars and let cool.
Mix with water to serve
3 comments:
Looks like a recipe I may have to try out this year! Have you frozen this juice before?
I never freeze it, always can it so I cant help you out there
Sounds yummy, I will have to try this out! Thanks for posting the recipe!
Post a Comment